Everything you need to know about Casting Industry
The casting industry is the technology of manufacturing products by pouring liquid material into a mold to create a product shaped like a mold. The majority is done with metallic materials.
The casting industry is divided into two main categories:
- Conventional casting (sand molding method)
- Special casting (metal casting method)
Application: Casting production is developed very strongly and is used very widely in industries, the average casting volume is about 40-80% of the total weight of machinery in the mechanical industry, the casting volume accounts for 90% and the price only accounts for 20-25%.
- The casting industry can process many different materials: steel, cast iron, and non-ferrous alloys … weighing a few grams to several hundred tons.
- Able to manufacture castings with complex shapes and structures such as engine shell machine coal … that are difficult or impossible to fabricate by conventional methods.
- High shape, size and gloss accuracy
- It is possible to cast many different metal layers in one casting.
- Casting costs are cheap because of the small investment capital, flexible production properties, and relatively high productivity.
- The classical casting accuracy in terms of shape, size, and gloss is usually not high.
- In addition, this industry is susceptible to defects such as shortages, and gas pitting, which leads to defect testing requiring relatively expensive and modern equipment.
We Guarantee Successful Outsourcing
Best delivery performance, competitive pricing, better commercial terms, stable supplier base, control lead time
Effective and seamless workflow
With millions of parts delivered annually and serving more than 30 international customers, we are practicing the most advanced workflow to ensure the satisfaction of our customers and suppliers
Book an online meeting within 24 hours